If you tried a new celebrity look and felt like you didn’t pull it off, don’t be dismayed. It’s likely that you haven’t considered your face shape.
Every detail matters. From choosing the right foundation from Khuraira Cosmetics that complements your skin tone to using the right primer, bronzer, highlighter, and lipstick color, everything needs to be considered and placed strategically.
We’re here to help you out. Here are a few professional makeup tips for different face types from Khuraira Musa:
For Oval-Shaped Face
Oval-shaped faces are the most common and the easiest to apply makeup to. What you want is to balance out the shape and make the facial features more prominent.
Here’s what you want to do:
- Start by applying your Khuraira HD Airbrush Foundation with a high-quality brush.
- Next, grab your bronzer and apply it on the sides of your nose from the top to bottom. It’ll add height to your nose.
- Use the same bronzer to highlight the temples and make your way to the center of the face and blend.
- Then, you need to apply blush. Apply the blush to the apples of your cheeks and a little on the sides. Top with a highlighter for a soft, warm glow.
For Long-Shaped Face
Long-shaped faces need balance. For that, your makeup products should be placed very strategically.
Here’s what you should do:
- Apply a pinkish blush to the apple of the cheeks and blend it for a plumper look.
- Focus on your eyelashes by double curling them or using faux lashes.
- To soften the jawline and the nose, use bronzer along the temple, jawline, sides of your nose, and a little under the chin.
- Highlight the tip of the nose and above the cheekbones.
- Use rosy pink or nude lipstick for a fuller look. Our pick: Khuraira Innocence Crème Lipstick topped with Khuraira Aqua Lip gloss.
For Heart-Shaped Face
This face shape needs balancing on the forehead and added focus on the cheekbones.
Here’s what you can do to highlight and tone down certain features:
- Use the Khuraira Stick Foundation or a bronzer at the sides of the temples and underneath the cheekbones for contouring.
- Highlight the top of the nose, above the cheeks, on the jawline, underneath the brows, and the chin.
- Use a subtle blush across the cheeks for a pop of color.
For Round-Faced Shape
This shape type is known for its youthful look, but you may need to add a bit of length and angles to bring out your features.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Use a bronzer or Khuraira’s HD Foundation to contour the temples and jawline.
- Highlight the tip of the nose, forehead, chin, and just under the brow bone.
- Apply blush under the cheekbones, from the apples of the cheeks to the ear, in an upward stroke.
If you’re searching for skincare cosmetics online for healthier glowing skin, head over to Khurarira Cosmetics. Established in 2008 by Khuraira Musa, we’re a luxury house of beauty in Tenafly, NJ, that sells top-of-the-line celebrity cosmetics and high-quality makeup tools for all ages, undertones, and skin conditions.
We’ve also launched the Khuraira Affiliate Program for exclusive makeup wardrobing services. Our makeup experts can visit you at home, or you can book your appointment at our flagship location in Tenafly to help you de-clutter your makeup stash and educate you about your skin so that you only buy the right makeup products.
Khuraira Musa has been a celebrity makeup artist and expert for well over 20 years. In 2008, she founded the eponymous Khuraira Cosmetics, a boutique and flagship store for locally-made makeup products in New Jersey.